Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Drive to K.C.

Yesterday the kids and I drove to KC.  Greg had to stay back and work so we headed on and tried to beat the storms.  We noticed on the radar that in Wichita, KS there would be snow/ice mix, blizzard conditions so I avoided I-35.   We headed through Tulsa instead and look what greeted us there!
I have NEVER seem storm clouds like this before.  It was so weird.  I felt like I was driving in a tunnel.  To our left there were black clouds and to the right white clouds then the black clouds consumed us...it was awesome!  
We also saw a double rainbow!  I got it the best I could with my phone!  So cool!
We got here safely...left about 7am and pulled into my parents neighborhood at 4pm!  Great time!
The kids told my parents that Mom doesn't let us stop...ha!  There is a little truth in that.  We did stop 4 times but only for a potty break, a snack, a stretch and then we were off:)
They love travelling with me....they just don't know it yet:) haha!


You can see the rainbow on the left side there...sky was so black!  weird.
Oh and we were able to out run the bad part of the storm.  We only had a little rain and besides that we were all sun and blue skies:)
Greg said 30 minutes behind me was a different story so I just kept truckin'!!!!
No food for us:)  ha!

sorry the reflection is bad but you can see it.

yikes!

No comments: