Monday, December 05, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

I don't know how I missed posting this last month?  BUT I didn't want to not do even if it was late:/
Abby's class at school did a Veterans Day program and it was so good!  They sang and at the end they had all the veterans come to the front and tell there name, what brand of military and war they served in.  Abby was thrilled to find out that Granny and Papa extended there trip by 3 days to be able to stay for her program.  When my Dad spoke and told the audience that he was Abby Stamp's Grandpa she was beaming (and turned bright red:)  I was VERY proud of Dad! He doesn't like to speak in public and he did so good...you never would have thought it:)
Thanks Mom and Dad for extending your trip, it meant the world to Abby!  And thank you Dad for serving in the Air Force.  I am sorry they way they treated you when you came back from Vietnam and if I could I would take all that pain away but since I can't just know we are very proud of you and love you more than words could express.   
Papa talking to the crowd...making Abby blush:)
Papa standing with all his fellow veterans

Abby singing away!

Look at all those Veterans---wow!  Such a sweet time of honoring them all!
I Pledge a Allegiance!

No comments: