Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Stockyards...and the fountain!





Wow, we had a busy few days with Granny and PaPa but I think we managed to fit everything in. We even got my "Yankee" parents to the Stockyards:) We got there in time to see the cattle drive and when it was over my mom said, "that's it?"...I had to laugh, because the kids think it is just the coolest thing! We ended up going to Joe T. Garcia's twice - the best Mexican food ever! *so maybe my parents aren't such Yankees:) (I'm only kidding Mom and Dad)
Yesterday we took them to the airport-we were sad, but we are planning a 2 week trip in July for my brother's wedding so that should be super fun! Thanks for coming Mom and Dad-hope we didn't wear you guys out:)
*I also added a picture of everyone on the train-it's one of the only ones with my Dad, since he's always the one taking pictures!

Also, I must tell you a funny story about Reese- After we had lunch at Joe T. Garcia's (the second time) I thought it would be fun to take the kids over to the fountains. Well, if you have kids you can probably guess what happened- Reese was reaching in to get a penny and fell in head first-he flipped head over foot-it was hilarious! But, we then had a problem, what in the world was I gonna do with a soaking wet kid? I mean, do you walk right out of there and hope no one notices? Do you strip him down and let him loose naked? Well-I was puzzled, so I sent Abby back to get Daddy-yes, he would save the day-right?
So Abby went running and when she got to the table she says, "Daddy, Reese fell in the fountain and is super wet..and well, that's why we NEED you!" Greg, thought about it and decided he had to see this! Together we decided to get him back to the table, dry him off and carry him out of there and hope no one notices! No luck though, in a few minutes we had people all around our table laughing! And at first, Reese didn't think it was too funny being all wet, but after all the attention he was laughing right along with them! He now tells me that you shouldn't fall in fountains and then he laughs-man, I sure hope he doesn't do it again....( note- always have a change of clothes in the car) .....oh, the joys of having a boy!

No comments: