Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Abby has Bangs!


The first cut---it's ok Mommy if she doesn't like 'em they'll grow back:)

One happy little girl!

OK so Abby has been asking to get bangs cut FOREVER and really the only reason she hasn't yet is because of me! I guess I have a fear of bangs--it took me about 2 years to grow mine out and when I finally did I swore I would never do that again. So when Abby started asking to get them I kinda tried to talk her out of it:) Well I was unsuccessful and decided I was being silly so yesterday we took the plunge! Her friend Hailey needed a hair-cut too so it was fun for the girls to go to the beauty shop together! Both girls look beautiful!
And Abby is so happy about these bangs-it's hilarious. She's constantly making sure they are still there and wants me to pull her long hair out of the way so they are visible--too funny!
Abby told me that today at school some of the kids didn't recognize her---I told her if I hadn't gone with her to get them cut I might not have recognized her either!

It's amazing what a bang can do.....

maybe I'll get some bangs cut????

........nah I'm good:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a bad experience when I was little with bangs so I understand your hesitation. But the bangs are making a fierce comeback, and Abby looks great! I can't believe how much older she looks with them! She is so beautiful. We need to get together one day! Hope you guys are well!

Faith

Jill Vaughan said...

she looks super cute and i love the sassy pose!

The Stringers said...

Abby-
I LOVE the big girl bangs! So cute:) I miss you and reeser and your mommy and daddy!
Love- Aunt Christi

Anonymous said...

My wife grew up in a town called Bangs, so i completely understand everyones excitement.

I also studied the Big Bangs Theory in school, but it never made much sense to me.

Looks good.

Shane

Jeremy said...

Nice, I think I might get some bangs too. I'll have to comb them over from the back of my head but I bet it will look really good.

Anonymous said...

Abbs - you look MARVELOUS darling! I love the new hair-do!

Now think about this...bangs...why do you think they are called bangs? Is it because the hair cut lady did her magic and "BANG", there they were...or maybe because if you jump up and down, those little pieces of hair "bang" against your forehead? I don't know, but I have always wondered. Can you find out for me Abbs?

Also, ask your daddy if he'll grow his bangs out so you two can be twins!!!

Love you!
Uncle Scott