Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh Happy Day!


Sweet treats and Chutes and Ladders--what else do you need?

Yum-O

Big scary Poppa being a bull!

"Wow these balls are heavy!"

One happy MaMa!

Happy Valentine's Day!
I love this day--it's so fun.....such a great day to do the unexpected:)
Well we started the day with sweet treats--of course! Reese asked for a heart cake and Greg wanted the strawberry pretzel salad my mom makes so I made both:) --oh and Mom I must say I forgot how wonderful that pretzel salad is--yummy! (half is gone already...I had it for lunch too:)
--hey it's V-day there's no rules right?

Well after some crafts, a little basketball, and some naps we headed to Maw Maw and Poppa's for dinner. The kids love getting together and playing at their house! We had a party with steak, (chicken for me:) chocolate mousse, a heart hunting game, balloon popping, crazy wrestling, and one of my personal favorites--cowboy poker! --The kids all sit on the floor at a pretend table and take turns being the angry bull and the last one sitting wins! (meaning everyone gets tackled:)---it's hilarious when Poppa is the bull cause none of the kids want to wait around to get tackled by him:)
So after all the fun Greg and I had a crazy idea to take the kids bowling! It was so much fun--the kids thought it was great to be up so late! They both did a great job and made it through the whole game---I was winning by a long shot until Greg came back in the 10th frame with a strike--ughhh! I was so proud of how well I was doing since I hadn't bowled in like 10 years:) BUT I lost with grace--good job Greg *gritted teeth**:)

*I think this could be a great family outing if we go when all the smokers are working:)

Welp, I hope you all had a happy day like we did---I think everyday we should love each other the way we do on this day--don't you?

1 comment:

The "W" Family said...

What a fun filled day!