Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cowtown Marathon 2008


I needed to stretch my legs BAD! --also my eyes are closed... guess I'm already sleeping!

Right after the race--feeling happy!

It finally came! I seriously feel like I have been training forever and now it's over---it's kinda sad....well not really:)
It was a super cold morning and I found a parking place around 6:40am and decided I would stay in the car as long as possible-- I didn't want to be outside until I absolutely had too! The race started at 7:30 and I finished in 1 hour and about 50 minutes --which means I maintained about a 8:20 mile pace! This is a personal best for me and I am thrilled I was able to keep that pace for 13.1 miles--yeah! (don't ask me to do it again though for a LONG time:)
I guess the training paid off and I am excited to take a break and just enjoy working out again:)
Greg and the kids got to come see me run this time and it was fun to see them around mile 9 and then again at the finish--it always helps to have some cheerleaders--thanks guys!
On a sad note:
I came home yesterday to check my results on-line and was unable to find mine! I must admit I am a bit distraught since I ran all that way and have no record if it! But after some emailing and investigating I figured out they assigned me the wrong chip # (that's the device that records your time when you start and finish the race--it's attached to your shoe).
Anyways they now have to find my chip and match it to my bib #. So I am hoping I will have my results sometime this week----it's so frustrating to wait because to a "runner" (if that's what you want to call me:) the results are so important--that's why you run... TO COMPETE!! So we will see if all gets works out----oh I hope so!

1 comment:

The "W" Family said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I'd like to do a 1/2 someday but I don't think I'll be doing any 8:20 miles. I would be happy just to finish! Congratulations, you've got to feel good!