Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wheww.....where do I begin???


Elaina and I on our way to Colorado!

Yep that's me on top--I seriously thought I was gonna break their backs--but thankfully we had no injuries :)

My sweet friend Keri--so glad she went as a sponsor with me!
I must say we look pretty cute for being on the bus all night ;)

Hayley and I showed up one night at worship with matching clothes--she's so precious!

Hayley, Sydni, Emily and I (all in my family group)


Welp I'm back:) I know each of you were eagerly awaiting my return....ok maybe not but I'm back anyways and I'm WAY behind in blogging....so here goes nothing--get ready to read...it's been a wonderful week!

Ok--yesterday I got back from youth camp in Colorado --oh how it reminded me of the days when I was in youth--good times!
We had an amazing week and about 15 kids gave their lives to Christ--I had the honor of watching one young man in my family group transform right before my eyes--I will never forget it! At the begin of the week he didn't even believe in God and by the end of the week you could see the love of Jesus in his eyes--it was amazing.
The weather was wonderful--cool at night and in the 70's during the day--my kind of place:)
The week was tons of fun with tons of stuff to do--go-carts, rock climbing, trampoline jumpy thing (my favorite), whitewater rafting and mountain biking! We stayed at the base of Copper Mountain so we had access to a Starbucks--yippee--I met my girls there everyday and we just hung out and talked...my favorite :) ....and I needed the coffee to keep me going!
We had a wonderful speaker, Thomas Young...you can check him out at thomasyoung.com--he was great! One night he spoke about the depravity of man and who we were before Christ--I have NEVER heard it spoken so clearly...it was so convicting!
Well anyways I am really glad to be home after a 21 hour ride home on the bus....I actually slept really well....I had my own seat--the benefits of being a sponsor:)
I took a few pictures of me and my girls and was able to get some video of me doing the trampoline thing--I have to brag.....one of my girls that is 17 and a cheerleader challenged me to a flipping duel....I won! She only did 7 and I did 12 ---man I still got it at 30--I must say I'm pretty proud--she took it well:)
Enjoy the video--it was so fun but VERY tiring!





*sorry it's sideways--not sure what happened---just tilt your head :)

5 comments:

Jill said...

I HAVE been waiting to hear how it went! My best memory of camp(s) is the one we went to in Colorado. I'm currently at a jr high camp with Sean right now. It's so weird to be here as an adult. Can't wait to hear more!

Hughes Family said...

I that Keri from FBC Raytown?
I see she's on Myspace, but I don't know her married name or email to add her as a friend.
The trip looks awesome!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Rock on Becky! Love the flips in the air...that looked like super fun.

Hey Keri is in my morning summer bible study at Tina C. Too bad you aren't coming or we maybe we could finally meet in real life. :)

julieldivine said...

where did you guys stay? sounds really neat

The "W" Family said...

Glad your back and had fun- i'll have to watch your video when I get a faster connection :) Do you go to Watermark? I have a friend from highschool who's husband is on staff there.