Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And we're off....


Reese working hard!

The cooking has begun at our house and the kids are excited! We baked sugar cookies last night and sadly- for all the people we made them for- they are already almost gone....guess we'll have to cook more next time and then HIDE them!:)
Today Reese and I made my Grandpa Larson's pie crust for our pumpkin pie and he had a blast sifting the flour. He really was pretty controlled with it and almost all the flour made it in the bowl! He does come from a long line of male cook's so I think he got the "gene". I grew up watching my dad bake and make homemade pizzas and now the kids get to see their daddy cook too! Greg is all about the "fine foods" and if he wants some he has to make it himself because well--I've tried and uh....let's just say I didn't get the gene!;)
I do although love to bake and am excited to get to help out for Thanksgiving at Grandma Reese's --I am bringing green bean casserole (a must;) a pumpkin pie (of course) and a new recipe I got from my friend Lisa called Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Bars. I haven't actually had them yet but I believe her when she says they are amazing and I love all things pumpkin--so at least I"ll like them!!! So if you are looking for something a little different this year give 'em a try--let me know what you think!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Cari said...

So I should be working...but instead I am checking blogger...happy day. Sifting the flour must be why you are a great baker. I always skip that step!

Becky said...

you can skip that step??? ;)

Misty said...

Since you love cooking soooo much, you are more than welcome to come over and help me cook :) I am not a chef and I get the privelage to cook for 16 people for Thanksgiving. Fun! Fun! Have a good Thanksgiving by the way in case I dont talk to you.