Sunday, November 16, 2008

Work Day!


"Working Hard for the Money!"

"Look Mommy I'm working hard too!"

The famous leaf vacuum! Put it on your Christmas list--you won't be sorry;)

Taking a break--a much needed break!

Happy Gardeners!

Saturday we declared a yard work day! We slept in (I mean I slept in...thanks honey:) got some donuts and got to work! Greg and I were SO impressed with all the work the kids did! I think they have actually learned some work ethic after all--hooray!! Abby was gung-ho-- she pulled out old flowers, picked up rocks, cut the hedges, cleaned up the brush, vacuumed the leaves and pulled weeds! Reese also did a great job (not quite as focused but he's getting there:)--he was most into pulling out the sweet potato vine but he also liked to vacuum the leaves!
This year Greg splurged and got a leaf vacuum because last year we had a leaf epidemic--no seriously--we really did! Our house sits at the end of a street and everyone shares their leaves with us--and their trash (it blows down into our bushes) -gotta love it!
Anyways we wasted most of our Saturdays last year trying to maintain the craziness that Greg had had enough! Let me just say a lawn vacuum should be a staple in everyone's lawn equipment---it's awesome! (Note from Greg- I did a lot of research on the best leaf vac, and it's the Toro Ultra Blower Vac. Vacuums and mulches-- don't know what I did without it)
Anyways after all the hard work we were able to plant some beautiful flowers and we now (for sure) have the best looking yard on the street!
*Also the kids got to go for a ride in the wheel barrow and that for sure was the highlight of their day--oh the things that entertain kids--I love it!

3 comments:

The "W" Family said...

We are definitely going to have to invest in a yard vacuum. We live in the woods so when they fall, you can't see any grass. David will spend hours blowing it off and then 30 min. later, you can't tell he even did it. I think our leaves are about done falling! Looks like it was a fun family day!

Misty said...

send them over our way - we can put them to work. we will pay them to clean up after our crazy dog :) Looks like everyone did a great job. I wish we had some trees. Not for the cleanup, but just because I love em.

Anonymous said...

That's fine for them to come clean up after your dog, but you can't use my new leaf vacuum.