Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dinner and a Movie!


So tonight I decided to mix it up a bit with dinner--I found the recipe for Ratatouille and I thought it would be fun to make it and watch the movie too!
Now Ratatouille is not really what you would call "kid friendly" but I am always trying to incorporate veggies into our meals and what better way then to disguise it as "fun" and "cool" because of the movie...right? Well it went over pretty well---the kids LOVED the show (the parts we watched) and well they tolerated the meal because they were distracted by the show:) --that was my plan!
Reese took FOREVER to eat his and every time we "forced" him to eat it he would lay back and moan until he chocked it down....a bit dramatic I'd say! Seriously it is not that bad actually it's really good and good for you-- you should make it your next family night event:)
*You can find the recipe on foodnetwork.com--bon appetit! (I like Rachel Rays verison)

2 comments:

The "W" Family said...

what a great idea! We'll have to try that one. Keep em comin'.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

fun!

have you ever read Despitavley Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld? I haven't but a friend swears by it.