Sunday, November 16, 2008

Field Trip!


Getting on the bus! (us parents followed behind)

Abby and Gabby peeking out the window

learning about all things nocturnal!

They had centers set up where they could do hands on learning---Abby loved this!

Abby checking out the possum--she is way into animals--we call her a little mother nature:)
--she has inherited that from her Maw Maw!:)


Friday Abby went on her first "official" field trip! It was so much fun! Abby got to ride a school bus for the first time and she thought it was pretty cool. She got to sit with her buddy Gabby in the back of the bus and they loved how bumpy it was--she said she couldn't stop laughing!
They took the kids to a local nature center where they learned about nocturnal animals.
One of the best parts was when the lady "woke-up" the possum and the kids got to sit all around him and watch--it was really interesting especially when she put some newspaper in his pen and he began to make a nest right away--it was amazing! I am not sure you can tell but the possum has newspaper tucked away in her tail and she just kept circling looking for a place to nest! Smart little possum I' d say!
Anyways after all the educational part we took the kids to the park and had a picnic. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a blast running around like crazy!
I am so blessed I get to go on all these trips with Abby--and I am so glad I don't have to work so I can share with her on all these special days! She is already asking when she gets to go on another field trip and I told her not till next year but I sure wish everyday was field trip day...she agreed!:)

No comments: