Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Trot 2008


Courtney and I right before the race--no one came to cheer us on so we had to take our own picture:(---so sad I know...talk to Greg he's the one that sleeps right through my races--he says he supports me by watching the kids....humm I'm not sure I'm convinced:)


What could be better than running 8 miles Thanksgiving morning????
Ok OK--I know there are alot of things I could have been doing- like sleeping--but it's just so much fun to race--don't ya think??? :) --ok don't answer that!

The race weather was PERFECT --it was chilly when we got there but after we warmed up and got a few miles into the race it was like God was providing us air-conditioning---it was awesome! ( I don't even remember feeling hot--now that's rare!!!!)
I finished a few minutes behind Courtney (she is 26 ok- and I'm 30 remember???--give me a break;) I have NEVER claimed to be speedy...just steady:)
I was very happy with my 1:07 finish and left very satisfied and surprisingly not too tired:)
After the race I was VERY ready for a big turkey dinner---and oh did I enjoy it!
***Now here's a good reason to run 8 miles Thanksgiving morning---you get to eat all you want and NO guilt! Sounds like a good plan to me!
Courtney and I had so much fun running together we are already planning to run a few more races in the next month---yay!!!...I love to road race--it's a great way for us "adults" to compete!

Did have some pictures on-line but somethings messed up--if I figure it out I'll post them again....

3 comments:

The "W" Family said...

I wish I had run 8 miles after all I ate!

Jill said...

You're a real inspiration! I second that on the food/guilt. Wish I'd done any excercise.

Chelsea's ramblings... said...

Yay! Good job! I didn't quite run 8 miles. Jennifer and I ran 6 miles that morning to see if I could run a half marathon. We did it! So my half marathon is in March. I miss you! I hope you are doing well. Love you!