Sunday, January 11, 2009

Abby's First Basketball Game


Abby looking for a pass...notice her teammate blocking her~I told you we were a bit confused:)

Abby's so fast she's like lightning....see we caught it on camera:) (ok the camera kept taking blurry pictures but I thought it was cool anyway!

The "real" coaches giving a pep talk! ~they both played basketball so they are bit more qualified!

Abby and Charlie before the game

Yesterday was Abby's first Basketball game! Daddy talked her into it because her cousin Charlie is on the team! Let's just say Abby is not too into "organized" sports but so far with Basketball we are off to a great start!!! She has agreed to try each sport and if she just hates them all we won't push her to play any of them again:)
Well the game started off a bit "chaotic" or "confusing" but by the end of the game she came alive!
Our Abby has such a precious spirit and doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body so when everyone started running around after the ball she didn't know what to do with herself--does she defend herself or go after the ball???? Sweet girl was so confused--I felt bad--so bad!
Now mind you I have NEVER played basketball and can't shoot for the life of me but still I felt like I needed to help her! So I muster up the little I did know about basketball and began to "encourage" her from the sidelines:) (Greg is one of the coaches and was doing a fine job but my "momminess" came out and I just had to come to her aid:) Well sadly my "encouragement" was wrong and confused her all the more--oops! Greg's dad was sitting near by and brought to my attention that when on offense you don't cover your guy--my bad:)
Well we are very encouraged that after the game she was happy and can't wait to play again--success! And don't worry I learned my lesson--when in doubt ask someone what the rules are before you go and look like an idiot:) And thank you Jerry for your kind clarification-it was MUCH appreciated!
Go Lakers!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

they look like they are having alot of fun and how lucky they are to have their dads there to help give some pointers.