Sunday, January 18, 2009

Disciple Now Weekend


The girls with their two leaders-Rachel and Jenn

Saturday night we made a Shrimp Boil and it was a HUGE hit!

The last night they went on a walk around the block together for their last session--not sure why but they seemed to like it:)


This past weekend Greg and I hosted a group of high school junior girls for D-Now weekend. D-Now is basically a retreat where the youth spend the weekend at church members houses and have bible study and other fun things packed into one weekend! In the past we have had guys at our house but this year we were blessed to have 5 of my Sunday School girls and they were soooo easy!
Girls not only smell better but they are alot cleaner and actually sleep:) It was really great to get to know the girls better! I love this age because they are not yet freaking out about college and haven't checked out like the seniors. Instead they have their ears wide open seeking for an guidance they can get! I just love it!
Now Greg wasn't as into the weekend--I felt bad for him but he says he liked that he got alot of sleep (unlike last year when he had his S.S. guys:)
Anyways the kiddos got to spend the weekend at Maw Maw and Poppa's--they didn't seem to miss us much and when I asked them what they did all weekend they say, "It's a secret!" What's that all about M and P? :) I am so thankful they got to sleep over their because here they would have NEVER slept---our kids have a tough time going to sleep when there's a party going on~who doesn't??:) Thanks Maw Maw and Poppa!
Sadly Saturday night Greg and I started to get sick and we both haven't recovered yet!
I think I am getting too old to stay up so late every night--or maybe it was the 2 girls that came to D-Now sick? ....maybe both:)

No comments: