Monday, January 12, 2009

Cool Shoes!


The cool shoes! ~Reese loves that he gets to wear someone elses shoes! Too funny!

Abby and her perfect form!

Reese said his ball was too heavy so he would roll it VERY slowly down the lane and then we would wait a long time to see what he knocked over. Can you believe one time he actually got a strike? -maybe he's onto something???

Abby and Greg fighting it out for 3rd place...

Greg kept getting UNO and then Abby would put down a draw 4--he was thrilled as you can see!

We had promised Abby and Reese we would take them bowling for family night since Christmas so when we told the kids we were going this past Saturday they were pumped! We decided to go during "off hours" hoping to avoid as much smoke as possible but of course that's pretty much impossible--no matter the hour someone is guaranteed to be chain smoking right next to your lane....and this time was no exception! Thank goodness the kids didn't seem to mind and Greg and I put on our happy faces and tried to not make a scene! :)
We all did pretty good and the kids both broke 65~thank you bumper guards! Greg and I were competing-as usual- and man if it weren't for my stinking schizophrenic bowling....seriously I have NO consistently! One time I'd pull off a strike and the next I was having to use the bumper guards to even hit one! It's nuts! Anyways Greg did end up winning by 15 and was proud of it! Good job Greg~
After bowling we ate a bite and then headed to Starbucks for an ENDLESS game of UNO! I tell you what--I have been playing for years and I have never seen a game like this one! It was so fun! Reese won first about 10 minutes into the game then I followed about 5 minutes later. Abby and Greg fought it out for about 30 minutes--it was so hilarious to watch them!
Finally Abby got 3rd and Greg lost--Abby was thrilled to be done because she had been wanting to play chess since we got there. Ok-now about Abby and chess....she is surprisingly good~since she's only 6! Greg taught her about 2 years ago and she took to it right away! I still don't know how to play and she gives Greg a run for his money--it's great!
Well anyways we had another great outing and I'm ranking this one up there with one of the best ever! It was so fun, light-hearted, relaxed and the kids didn't fight once~which always makes for a pleasant time:)
*I am loving them getting older--things of course are getting easier but also they are just full of personality and are super fun to be with. They are like little people--it's crazy if I think about it too long because I sure don't feel old enough to be having kids this old!:) ~but I realize I am this old and I'm getting more and more ok with it--because I sure wouldn't want to go back to high school or anything--no thank you!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

that is so cool my kids absolutely love to go bowling and alyssa got a strike without hitting the bumpers once she still talks about that to this day.