Thursday, January 22, 2009

Freedom from Bondage!

....bondage from plastic bags that is! Just keep reading and I'll explain:)

A plastic trash bag full of plastic bags.....how ironic!

the plastic has taken over!!!!!

They just keep coming!



Tonight I was cooking dinner and Greg says, "Honey, do we need all these plastic bags in the bottom of the pantry--you can't even see the floor?" I told him actually every time I look in the pantry I think about getting rid of all those but never seem to get around to it. Come on--you know what I mean--those tasks around the house that you have every intention of doing but it never makes it high enough on your priority list so you NEVER do it!
For instance- ironing, taking clothes to the dry cleaner, cleaning out those toy bins, cleaning out the junk from under the kitchen sink....need I go on ??? --because I could:)
Well anyways that's the problem with the bags we need to be "bag-free"!
So Greg started cleaning them out of the pantry and it was INSANE! They just kept coming and coming! Greg was pretty funny---he was so annoyed and overwhelmed at the same time--he's a bit on the OCD side...it's ok honey I am too:) We decided "together" that we needed to trash them all and start over! (making our next collection a lot smaller)

~side note~
we were a perfect "marriage model" in how to compromise and come to a peaceful resolution-I was so proud of us:) And look at us now? We don't have one bag in the whole house to use if we need it---it's so freeing:) .....yet so unprepared all at the same time!
Anyways with the kids help we got rid of them all and we feel good!
~~ I have a theory about the bags though--ok so Greg and I have been married 8 years in July and have moved 8 times! And when you move that many times you get rid of the junk because you don't want to move it. Well we have been here in this house for 2 years this month which is the longest we have lived in one place so we are starting to run into "problems" -- I keep finding stuff that needs to be "decluttered" and I'm getting annoyed! I tell ya- I have decided moving is so much easier--you are forced to go through everything therefore living a clutter-free life! (Now Greg would disagree with me here--he hates moving and is thrilled he hasn't had to move our beds into a moving truck for 2 years or the 200 lb. chest of drawers our kids have for that matter:)

Ok so what is the point of this blog--nothing really just reporting on the "behind the scenes" of the Stamps family...take it or leave it is what I say:)

BUT there is a moral which makes all the reading you just did worth it:)
Free yourself of clutter and start with those silly plastic bags!

Now aren't you glad you read this whole entry?? :)

3 comments:

Jill Vaughan said...

FYI...grocery stores will recycle those bags for ya'. They have large bins at the entrances, so every time I go I take back the old ones.

Becky said...

good to know....too bad the trash already came this morning--maybe next time;)

Lisa said...

ok that was hilarious, I have a silly plastic bag problem as well maybe today will be the day it works up my list. we'll see :)