Monday, January 26, 2009

Sweet and Sassy!


The girls all dressed-up with nowhere to go:)

Abby and I-she looked so sweet.

Abby and Hailey

Abby loved the make-up part...I think it's the artist in her...she loves to "paint" her face!

Getting her nails done--another "love" of Abby's--but she's always into the weirdest colors-- what is up with that??? :)



This past weekend Abby went to her friend, Hailey's, birthday party at Sweet and Sassy. It's basically a little girl beauty salon but they also get to dress-up and sing and dance on a little runway. Now I was a bit concerned about if Abby would want to participate because she is not into being "center stage"--I wouldn't say she's shy she's just reserved and not into girlie stuff that much. So anyways she didn't dress-up like I suspected and she would have nothing to do with the dancing. She did get her nails, hair and make-up done though. She seemed to really like that part and she clung to my leg the rest of the time:)
She really wanted to be there because Haley is her best friend and she told me the other day, "Mom I've known her ever since I was born--we've played together since we were babies!" I couldn't help but laugh-- she sure listens when adults talk;)
Anyways the party was really fun and it was fun to hangout with all the Mom's and watch our girls get all dolled up! I liked this girlie salon a lot more than some others I have seen. They had modest clothes and didn't put any emphasis on being "beautiful" or whatever--it was done well and I was very happy about that!
Abby ended up having a great time and loved getting to spend time with Hailey. We are already planning the next time they get to see each other! Happy Birthday Hailey girl--we love you!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Speaking of them getting together -we need to get it on the calendar :)

Hailey was so glad Abby came to her party. It wouldnt have been the same without her there.
Thanks Abby!!