Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fine Arts Day!


Abby making super goop!

The kids are mixing the goop--with their hands--they were thrilled!

Watch out Poppa I'm gonna get you!

Me sneaking a picture with my little girl!

Reeser with all his Pirate gear from Chuck E. Cheese!

Friday was Fine Arts Day at Abby's school! She was so very excited! She woke-up and the first thing she said was, "Mommy, today I get to do art ALL day!" It was cute!
I got to go volunteer thanks to Maw Maw watching Reese. She took him to eat at Firehouse Subs (one of his favs.) he loves that the place looks like a fire station! She then took him to Chuck E. Cheese--and he cleaned house! He was lucky that the lady behind the counter was VERY generous and pretty much gave him anything he wanted ! He was very happy and thankful!
While they were off having fun Jerry and I volunteered in the Watercolor Room-where we were also having fun:) Each kindergarten class rotated to a classroom and each one had a different theme. One was a dance room, a pottery room, a cooking room, shrinky dink room and our watercolor room.
Jerry and I got very lucky to get the messy room! I tell ya-it seems every time I volunteer I get to work with something every messy and this time was NO exception;) We got to make super goop! It's 2 parts glue to 1 part liquid starch and some food coloring and it makes a silly putty like texture. The kids LOVED it!
I just have to laugh--I have grown alot and had to "ignore" my cleanliness problem since Abby got in school:) It was really fun to watch the kids have so much fun though! They were dyed every color of the rainbow and some even got it on their faces---I am hoping I don't get any calls from angry mothers who can't seem to get the dye off their children--sorry:)
Abby was thrilled to have Poppa with her--I could tell she was proud to have him there!
Jerry is great with the kids and I know it meant the world to Abby--thanks Jerry you are always welcome to come help us out whenever you want:)
Also thank you Maw Maw for watching Reese--he had a blast-as usual- and didn't even notice I was gone;) Success!

No comments: