Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas at Maw Maw and Poppa's!


Opening some gifts with the cousins

Abby's pogo stick--the first one:)

Marshmallow shooters!

The battle of the marshmallows~yummy! ~notice the what's floating in the pool!

After we open gifts and eat dinner every year the kids always look forward to "Search for baby Jesus" it's basically a scavenger hunt throughout the whole house and then at the end they find Jesus! They love it!

Well I have had a hard time getting caught up on all our Christmas festivities but I think this is my last report:)
The day before the kids and I headed out to KC (Greg flew in 2 days later) we went over to Maw Maw and Poppa's house to open gifts and have Christmas dinner! Now if it were up to Poppa we would have opened gifts the first of December so even though this was an early celebration for some it still wasn't soon enough for ALL of us! We all got some great stuff and it is always fun to watch the cousins open up their gifts! Charlie and Reese both got a marshmallow gun and they both had a blast shooting at each other- Landry and Abigail also had fun running around eating all the stray marshmallows!
Abby got a pogo stick from Maw Maw and Poppa and she was so patient through all the gift opening and when it was time to open the box and jump she was ecstatic! She went into the backyard to try it out and sadly she wasn't heavy enough to make it bounce. It was so sad so Poppa decided that they would run up to Toys R Us and trade it out (another perk in opening gifts before Christmas...stores are open:) Abby was so happy and it meant a lot to her for him to do that! They were unable to find one that fit her size but she took it well and got a gift card to get one later!
Just the other day she was able to get the right one and has so far been able to bounce 4 times in a row....I tried (I used to be able to do it) but Abby was afraid I was gonna break it so I got off quick:)
Well as I said this is my last Christmas entry---we got all our decorations put away and today Abby started back to school--sad:(
I always get a little depressed to see the holiday's come and go--I guess though we all have Valentines Day to look forward to now right?
Well Happy 2009--I hope you get done this year all the things you didn't get done last year:) ~And maybe this year will be the year flying cars go on the market....I always thought by now we would be living like the Jetsens (a cartoon I used to watch when I was a kid)--guess they were a little off huh?

No comments: