Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A few Colorado highlights!

Wow!!! We have been here 4 days and I don't even know how I can sum up all we have done! Debbie and Jerry headed home to Texas today--we were sad to see them leave but hope they have a safe trip home! We have a million pictures already....ughhh!
Greg, the kids and I drove into Breckenridge this afternoon from Colorado Springs and our condo is right at the Base of Peak 8 and it's INCREDIBLE! Greg really outdid himself this time---thanks honey! We love it so much I even took a video of the place for you guys to see! If you are ever up here in Breck you have to check out Crystal Peak Lodge--it's a perfect location! We still have 5 days to go and I can't believe all we have planned to do--I'm tired even thinking about it:)
Ok so I have decided the best way to share this vacation with you is to pick some of the best pictures (sorry there are ALOT:) we have taken so far and explain as I go....here we go! Hang in there you won't be sorry;) Sadly, there is no order to these pictures...after almost 4 years of being a blogger I still haven't figured out to put the pictures in order without too much trouble!!
Oh well....whatever--enjoy anyways!

Flying W Ranch and our yummy chuck wagon dinner! If you are ever up in Colorado Springs you have to go! It's really a fun experience!

Before dinner

Beautiful Abby!

Reese right as he walked into the Cave of the Winds--he was pumped!

The kids and I before going into the the Cave-told you it was windy:) Nice pic huh? ha!

Let 'er out!
Kids using Daddy and Poppa as bulls at the Rodeo Hall of Fame--they had a blast!

My Rodeo Clowns!

Flying W Ranch Band--after dinner they put on a great show!

At Rodeo Hall of Fame and here we were just messing around--I was being attacked by 3 mean bulls--those rodeo clowns are nuts!

We went to the Flying W Ranch for a chuck wagon dinner and country music show. This is Abby sitting in one of the Tee-Pee's they had on display--I guess they had these because of the whole cowboy versus Indian thing? Not sure but we had fun with it anyways:)

Garden of the Gods-we went back again to climb around some more---this is the one of the rock structures called Balancing Rock--it was really cool! We are strong!!!! :)

Cave of the Winds- we went on a tour through the cave and the kids were VERY excited! Reese kept telling me not to be scared~ I think he was really trying to talk himself into it;)

Olympic Training Center
This is my attempt at being an Olympic athlete--not too shabby:) I look just like the statue right??? HA!

Abby loved these statutes....:)

Abby got the gold! So adorable....look how little she looks??

At the training center they had all these statue things for each sport and the kids got a kick out of acting out each sport as we saw them....here Daddy and Reese are racing! Not sure who won...probably Reese:)

Poppa, Maw Maw and Abby being silly! Sadly right as I took this picture Abby hit her head on the statue behind her...she was NOT happy! Poor girl!

The family going for the gold--hehe!

Greg thought it would be funny to take this picture to celebrate us getting a Toyota--do you remember these commercials??
"Who could ask for anything more?? Toyota!!!"

Greg and Reese playing peek-a-boo on the mountain!

Reese high in the sky!

Poppa and Reese climbed ahead of us and beat us to the top! Way to go guys! Made for a great picture!

Garden of the Gods--our favorite place so far! We love to climb:)

1 comment:

Hughes Family said...

Great pictures! The Toyota picture is fun.