Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Getting all Dolled Up!


Abby, Reese and Gabbie (and Sarah Palin, the dog--we have been taking care of our friends' dog while they are out of town)
*also the kids are sitting on HUGE fish! Thanks for that Kim! My sister-in-law was kind enough to unload them on us a few weeks back---OK, OK joke's on me--if I would have known they were 8 feet long I would have said NO and let you keep them in your attic!:) jk--the kids love them and hopefully very soon Greg and I will feel the same way or else they will mysteriously disappear into our attic never to be found again;) Hehe!

The girls putting make-up on--Reese is holding a shield and sword while he watches and wishes he could put it on too...I think he feels more masculine that way;) Smart thinking Reese! HA!

Yesterday Gabbie's (Abby's friend from school) Mom asked me if I could watch Gabbie for a few hours so she could go to a meeting. Of course I said yes and the kids had a great time! I had planned to take them to library reading time but they insisted on staying around the house to play. They first started out outside and played in the backyard as long as the weather permitted (it's HOT:) and then they headed in to play dress-up! Reese had fun watching the girls put their make-up on and kept telling me he promised he wouldn't put make-up on because it's for girls! (thank goodness we have that covered:)
Anyways it was fun to have a play date and it's amazing how much easier it is to watch the kids now that they are older....it's as if I cramp their style or something?? (they don't want me to play with them anymore:)
~Well I guess I can get over that because it does give me a few minutes to get some laundry done:)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ha-ha Those fish! I told you they were big! actually I told your parents they were big, so maybe you didn't get the message! I actually had those hanging from the ceiling in a huge fishing net from Kaden's fish room. It actually looked really cool until he got too old for fish in his room! :) Glad the kids are having fun with them even if your not! LOL!