Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reading Abby!

Last night Abby came home from school and told us that she was going to read for Mrs. Hyde's class. Mrs. Hyde was her teacher last year and her cousin Charlie is in that class this year! Well first let me say- Abby is not our most outgoing child...now she is pretty nutty, sporadically crazy;) and has a wonderful personality but she's not the "front and center" kind a girl if you get my drift:) (So we were shocked to say the least:)
Anyways Greg and I were thrilled to hear she initiated the whole thing! She practiced ALOT last night and decided to read "Marley-The Big Adventure" She is reading so well and has been learning so much lately-- it's amazing! So anyways today went really well and tonight when I got home I had email from Mrs. Hyde. It was so sweet and I wanted to share and let someone else brag on Abby for a change;) We absoluetly LOVE Mrs. Hyde and hope next year that Reese has her too!!! Thank you Mrs. Hyde and Mrs. Piland for letting her do this...she will never forget it!!
Here's the email:

Wow! Do you know how proud of Abby I am? She came to read to my class today, and I was so impressed with her reading! She did such a great job of reading so everyone could hear, and also remembering to show the pictures after each page (because you know they freak out if you forget to show a picture... :)). And Charlie was so proud to show her off- he kept saying, "my cousin Abby is coming to read to us today," and when she knocked on the door he said, "I bet that's my cousin Abby coming to read to us," and then when she walked in he said, "That's Abby. She's my cousin." It was really cute. I miss y'all and I can't wait for next year!
~Mrs. Hyde



2 comments:

Lisa said...

ahhh that is so great!! I am so proud of her, and what an inspiration to charlie, to see what he can achieve in one year!

keely said...

Thanks so much for the comment! What a beautiful family you have!