Monday, May 23, 2011

My Dad

I wanted to do a quick update on my Dad.
He is home now and has been for the past 4 weeks or so.  I talked with him today and he is getting stronger, slower that he would like but HE IS GETTING BETTER! That's all that matters in the long run! He is now walking on the treadmill 8 minutes 4-5 times a day and is doing all his own phyiscal therapy.  He is also walking with a cane and is able to walk without some too!  Yay Dad!
It is a gonna be a long road ahead but if anyone can do it it's my him!  He is super discipled and I know he is itching to get better FAST!  Please continue to pray for him to gain strength.  He is having some issues with his heart staying in rhythm which is making him very tired.  The doctors are working on getting his  Coumadin levels right so they can hopefully get it fixed soon.
I am very proud of him and am EXTREMELY thankful he is alive.  Every time I get to talk to him and hear his voice I am so extremely grateful!  I love him so much! It has been a tough road but I know the Lord has great things in store!

I'm proud of you Dad!!!!!

Thank you to all of you that supported me and my family through all of this...I know the Lord heard your prayers and we will so thankful for all of you!

*I can't remember if I posted on here what the finally diagnosis was on my Dad.
It was not valley fever.
Here is a post from the caring bridge that my Mom posted some time ago.

the pathology report came back and eliminated all of the infections it could have been like fungal, bacterial, etc. and determined that there were inconsistencies in the alveolar cells that were consistent with the drug Amiodarone he was taking that is toxic to your lungs.  He was taken off Amiodarone when we came back this time and has been on steroids and his lung xray have improved.  They say that it may take as long as a year, but that they should continue to improve and there is a good possibility that he will get back almost full function of his lungs by the end of a year.  

Praise the LORD!  I am just so grateful they figured it out before we lost him.  What a blessing!

No comments: