Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paris, France




Paris, France
Way bigger than any other place we have visited this trip
I think it's funny how many people I have seen walking down the street with a baguette in their hand
Even the dogs look foreign
Way more chill in France
I think there is a Starbucks here!
Miss the comforts of home
You never know how much you will be charged when you sit down at a cafe. They charge double to sit down sometimes
Paris has a modern feel
Staying in the Rue Cler neighborhood
Very very cute






There are pastries in ever corner-my favorite!
I wonder how many I can eat before I head home???
I have realized on this trip that there are a lot of things that I love to eat that I never do...I need to change that.
Paris is a beautiful city. We could move our family here for sure!



It blows my mind as we learn more about the second world war that if my grandpa would have died on the beach of Normandy I would not be alive.
After using a public restroom for almost 2 weeks I'm just gonna put this out there: if you pee on the toilet seat just clean it off before you leave -geez how hard is that??? Oh and having to pay 1 euro to go to the bathroom is bunk and it's super bunk if theres NO toilet paper!!
I've quite enjoyed talking in different accents for fun- today is british (I think I am annoying Greg;)
FYI don't go thru the door of hell... yikes!! This is at the Rodin Museum garden...


Also at the gardens was this guy thinking with the Eiffel tower behind him...


Here's a better shot...



You can find a taxi easier here
I think the kids would love Paris
Abby would LOVE all the crepe stands all over- I do too:)


The crepe jockey...


Segways are appalling...why????
I would rather walk 700 miles in the desert than ride one of those around Paris - call me vain if you want I don't mind
Ok maybe not the desert but you get the point;)
They are really into ringing bells over here- Italy and France
Had Starbucks....that was a treat! Been having strong cappuccinos in Italy I'm not that avid a coffee drinker
The Notre Dame was impressive. Didn't go in but walked all around it










Sainte Chaplle was fantastic. The outside doesn't do it justice! Stain glass was breath taking-it's a must see
I think I want a stain glass in my house...Dad I think you can help me here-- I'll help you teach me:)






Paris is big! Very spread out but worth every step!
Riding in a Mercedes taxi- déclassé:)
Need a shower.
Could get into hotel room until now
Everyone is wearing hose black/nude with their shorts and skirts...did I miss something?
Drove past the arch de triumphe on VE day - what a great day to be in France. We also went by there at night. Here's Becky being triumphant...



We also went up the Eiffel tower. We went up while it was still light and it got dark while we were up there.









From directly below the tower...


Shot from the first level...



View from the top...





Glo in the dark Becky...








Greg had the shortest bday ever (April 30th flew into Roma lost 7 hours)
Today (mothers day) we fly home to Dallas-longest mothers day ever for me:)

No comments: