Friday, January 19, 2007

Guest Blogger

This is Poppa doing Blogger duty today. Becky has asked that I post something that is awe-inspiring, full of wisdom, profound and inspirational. Not really - I think she just wants pictures of the kids.

Yesterday, Deb and I took Abigail and Reese with us as we flew back to Texas. We left Virginia at 8:15 am and arrived at our house around 3:00 pm and the kids did great. They are seasoned travelers and know pretty much what to do. At the airport, the security personnel pulled Reese's backpack out for inspection - right behind it was Abigails backpack and they ran it through the x-ray again. Finally, the x-ray operator asked if there was a harmonica in the bag. Sure enough they found one in both backpacks and thought it was cute (normally, I wouldn't say they thought it was "cute" - but since this is Becky's blog, that is what I would expect her to say so I will use it just this once.)

After naps, we picked up Grandma Reese and went to see cousins Charlie and Landry and Uncle Doug and Aunt Annie. They had a Welcome to Texas party for the kids with a "Howdy" poster greeting them in the hallway, special cupcakes that Charlie, Anglea and Landry made and fun games. The cousins were very glad to see each other.

Today, we started off at Abigails favorite breakfast restaurant (at least it was today) - Cracker Barrel. After that we just hung out at our house and played.
If all goes well, I am posting a short clip of Reese singing a song to the tune of Take Me Out to The Ballgame - but his version is Take Me Out to Donald Duck, Take me out to Mickey Mouse, Take me out to Pluto, etc, etc, over and over. This particular clip is not his best work but it happens to be the only clip I have. Still pretty cute, oops, I mean humorously enjoyable.



I wanted to get Abby on video singing her made up song that also is to the tune of Take Me Out to The Ballgame. As we were driving to Baltimore yesterday morning, she made up phrases, rhymes, funny sounds non-stop for 10 - 15 minutes. It is really amazing that she can do that and extremely funny. If I can get her on video doing that, we'll try to post it later.

Ok, I just took a quick break from blogging to tuck Abigail into bed. She was being a cut-up and talking a mile a minute. Then, we were going over how many days before her mom and dad got here unless they had some bad weather along the way. Then I told her I was doing the blog and asked her if she wanted to say anything on the blog. She said to write that she "wanted her mom and dad to come here soon because she missed them and to stay warm and not dangerous and don't be sledding in the truck amen. Did you hear that? I said amen."



P.S. Since this last trip to Washington DC could possible be the last one for us for a long time, I spent a day trying to see a few last things. I went to the National Museum of the Marine Corps (south of DC about 35 miles) and it was really worth the trip. I saw the actual flag that flew over Iwo Jima among many very interesting displays . We went to Mt Vernon - where the following photo of Becky was taken. I also took a tour of the Kennedy Performing Arts Center, Korean War Memorial, FDR Memorial and then revisited the Lincoln Memorial and probably one of the most photogenic sites in DC - the Jefferson Memorial. Washington DC has a been a great place to go visit our kids and we have had some really neat experiences there.

1 comment:

Cakes by Faith said...

Well done Jerry, you have done the Stamps Postings well. They will be proud.