Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Best Rangers Game EVER!




Last night after our nephew Landry's birthday party we surprised the kids and took them to the Rangers game! Even though we were a bit late we were very excited to get to go! (thanks to our good friend Shane Estes--he hooked us up with 2nd row right behind the dugout-- thanks so much Shane we are supremely grateful! Seriously we had the greatest time---the game didn't get over till 11:30 going into 11 innings, but we stayed till the last play and got to celebrate the Rangers 4th consecutive win---I tell ya they are gonna be in the World Series next year---mark my words:)

Anyways I have a super story to tell you all--first it was a bit embarrassing, but it made for a great catch and I was the best mom ever in Reese's eyes--so what else matters right? OK so- as I said before we were sitting right by the dugout so after each inning if you were quick you could get a Ranger to throw you a ball---well around the 9th inning when everyone else had left (except us crazy fans) I managed to get Jarred Saltalamacchia to notice Reese and I---he pointed to us and lofted the ball right to me! Well I did catch it-- but sadly I took a step back and tripped right over the seat (with Reese in my arms) ..... you can imagine what happened next--besides embarrassing the heck out of Greg:) --we both tumbled to the ground and with me taking every effort not to land on Reese I managed to skin both knees and one elbow! I would like to add though before everyone comments ---I DID CATCH THE BALL!! I just caught it with pizazz! :) Anyways Reese is so happy to have the game ball and he has not put it down yet---he is sleeping with it right now! Sadly, we were not able to get one for Abby, but I think she will live:) ...although we hope to catch another one real soon--without the blood!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

The picture of Reese holding his baseball is priceless. I am impressed you were able to hold on to both.

How is the Abby liking school? How are you doing too? My niece is good when you pick her up, cries when you drop her off.

if you guys hit any hs football games let us know, we are planning to go to a few, okay maybe one or two-not a few.

Anonymous said...

I dont know what is most impressive, the fact that you held on to the ball while falling with Reese in your arms, or the fact that you can spell Saltia*%@##@.....whatever.

Great catch, and you are very welcome. I seem to recall you guys taking care of us a few times.

Shane