Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Speedway 5K





Saturday the kids and I ran in a race together---well kinda--they ran in a 50 yard dash and I ran after them in a 5K . We have been planning this for a few months now and thought it would be really fun for the kids since it was at the Speedway---during the whole race you could hear the cars speeding around the track---it was pretty cool!
Well the kids had fun running....after they finally got up enough guts to get on the starting line:) Greg kinda had to push them and I ran along the side of the road for support. At the finish line they each got medals and they smoked all the other kids...ok not really but they had a blast and that's all that matters!
After the kids ran they got to watch me run in the 5K--it's kinda boring to watch me run since you really only see me at start and finish but they cheered like crazy and were a great support! This run I was feeling terrible so after the race we headed home pretty quick which means we missed the awards and I found out tonight I placed 1st in my age division--stink I didn't stay to get my award! --And I'd say 1st place is pretty good since I about threw up twice during the run.....man if I was feeling that bad and got 1st I wonder how second place feeling:)????
Anyways we had fun and both the kids said they wanted to go to my next race---we'll see about that-- I'm not sure they want to hangout for 2 hours while I run 13 miles---but I guess if they want to I can use all the support I can get!

1 comment:

julieldivine said...

When did you become such a runner? I'm so impressed. Way to go!