Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ice Skating


Abby and her ice skating teacher....maybe this week I will get better pictures

Abby started ice skating lessons this week. While we were in Colorado one of the things Abby kept asking us to do was go ice skating and man, she was good at it! She and I skated for almost 2 hours and she was really independent and seemed to have strong ankles (which I hear is key;) Anyways Greg was looking around our area for lessons for her and was able to find some about 2 miles from our house! She did really good her first lesson. I wasn't sure how much she would like it when we got there and she was the only girl with two other little boys in their hockey gear but she didn't seem to mind at all! The lessons last only 30 minutes but after 30 minutes she was spent and told me if she skated any longer she would have probably fallen down (she didn't fall the whole lesson and was quite proud of that:)
Well she has 9 more lessons so we'll see how things go but she IS hoping to be a full blown figure skater by the end of this year....I told her we'll see;)
*oh also I promised Abby I would remember to dress her warmer this time:) All the other kids had winter jackets and gloves on....oops! ~note to self--ice is cold! ...I'm brilliant I know:)

No comments: