Sunday, August 30, 2009

Business Trip to DC


Midnight picture of Greg and me in DC--it's the best we could do:)

Greg's office...well it would be his office if we still lived in DC. Check out that view! He looks over Georgetown and the Key Bridge--love it!

Kiersten, one of my best friends in DC and her daughters Layne and Mia--we spend almost everyday together when we lived there. Our kids are the same age, yet since we left she has had 2 more--crazy girl:)

This is precious Amelia, the daughter of Eric and Erin. She's the best....we almost took her home with us;)

Greg with Eric, Erin, Amelia, and the player-to-be-named-later (see Erin's belly)--this family has blessed our lives tremendously--we love you guys! Thanks for letting us crash at your house:)

This past week Greg had to go to DC for work (he works from home but townhall.com is based in DC) and I got to go with him this time!!! YEAH! I have been wanting to go back and visit friends for a long time. We lived in DC for about 3 years and made some great life long friends so we of course were thrilled to get to see everyone! Greg left early Wednesday morning and I flew in late that night. We took a little drive around the district at night and drove by the little apartment we lived in there--it was amazing we lived there for so long:) Anyways over the next few days we just had a blast visiting friends. I went shopping with my friend Kiersten and her 4 kids on Thursday (it was so fun because her kids are very well behaved:) Thursday evening we had dinner with Jen and Matt, a couple that was in our small group from church. Friday Greg had to work so I slept in, went for a jog down the National Mall, hungout at a Coffee Shop and played Nintendo:) ~Greg's co-worker had one set up at the office:) After Greg got off work we headed over to our friends Eric and Erin's house to spend the night. We had dinner and sat up late into the evening catching up on each others lives. They have a beautiful 2 year old daughter that was a joy to be around and we just couldn't believe how big she has gotten! She's such a ham--I love it!
The next day we had lunch with Jeremy and Heather who are also friends from our small group and spent the afternoon with them shopping. They're moving to TX soon so we can't wait to see them all the time!!
It was a jam packed 3 days but it was wonderful! I have missed our friends so much and was reminded this weekend of how God has blessed us with lifelong friends even though they are across the counrty! One of these days I plan of writing down all the amazing stories from our days when we lived in DC. Each of the couples are so dear to Greg and I as they lived life with us, prayed with us, helped us move apartments-all 4 times, helped us paint, loved on our kids, threw brithday parties for our kids, threw a baby shower for Reese, meet every week for small group in our 600 square foot apartment so we could put our kids to bed:) and SO many more blessings I could go on and on. I am humbled as I refelct on how the Lord provided us what we needed EXACTLY when we needed it! He is so good isn't he! That's not a question:) it's a FACT!:)
Thank you Greg for taking me along with you, thank you Debbie and Jerry for watching the kids for us, and all you DC friends, thank you for living life with us....we love each of you dearly!
*I also wanted to add that I forgot to take pictures with Matt and Jenn and with Heather and Jeremy--I am so sad I forgot but I guess we were too busy catching up:) Sorry guys I will remember next time!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Becky, that's a sweet post but more imporantly your hair looks awesome in that picture :)

The Korsvall Family said...

It was so great to see you guys. You're welcome back anytime!