Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First Day of Preschool!


Ready to go! He's carrying his nap mat (which he's too tall for--his feet stick out the end:) and his Rangers backpack, oh and his hair is spiked--nice!

humoring Mommy with a quick picture....sniff sniff!

Daddy and Reese (he actually wanted to take this one...I won't take it personally:)

Reese and his two fearless leaders:) Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Becca


Today was Reese's first day of preschool! He could barely go to sleep last night and this morning he was up at 7am rearing to go:) He has been waiting to go to preschool "forever" (as he says). Abby went the year before Kindergarten too and since then he has been counting down the days until he was "almost 5" so he could go to Angel Land too:)
His teachers are Mrs. Becca and Mrs Kelly and he says they are very nice and he told me that he obeys EVERYTHING they say--so cute!
Walking in this morning he was bursting with nervous energy but as we dropped him off he got really quiet and just took everything in. I was kinda hesitant leaving him that way but I know he was just overwhelmed with all the newness of everything. Greg went to drop him off too and it was really weird walking out together because for the first time in 7 years we were childless due to them both being in school! Wow, it's weird but I am ok with it--sad to see them growing up but excited about this new stage in life!
Anyways, I had a fun first day too (with no kids:) I went to have coffee with one of my old youth kids, worked out at the gym, had lunch and cleaned house....fun, fun--so much time not much to do:) HA! ~I think I will find things to fill the time....don't you think?

Oh, and to report--Reese said his favorite thing about school today was meeting new friends! That's my kinda boy!! That was always my favorite too!

No comments: