Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa!


Kids helping me make the cake



Today my dad came into town for a visit and it's his birthday! The kids and I were so excited to get to make him a birthday cake....we started planning a week ago:) My Dad is retired now so he called a few days ago and said he wanted to come down to catch one of Reese's T-ball games (since he has nothing to do now-jk Dad :) Sadly, due to the weather, they keep getting canceled BUT we are crossing our fingers that Saturday's game will be a go! PaPa got here about 5:30 and we had just finished his cake and decorating the house (a little bit:) to surprise him! We decided to make an MU cake (University of Missouri) He loves MU and we got him a new MU flag for his present. After the "big" surprise (Reese kinda told Papa about the cake before he got in the house:) we took him to Joe T Garcia's for his favorite Mexican food! Pretty awesome birthday huh?:) I am SO thrilled that he got to be here today because it always makes me so sad to miss these special days living so far away! (...now to get my mom down here on her birthday...hmmm.....:)
Anyway...Happy Birthday Papa, we are so happy you are here!!!!

No comments: