Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The Gospel According to Reese!

Got this email from Maw Maw last night and thought it was so cute I wanted to share it with you all....enjoy!

Sun. AM we're eating breakfast & I asked Abby & Reese to tell me the name of a friend they're praying for who doesn't know Jesus. I told them the name of my friend I'm praying for. Then I drew Rom. 6:23 showing the 2 sides w/ the gap in the middle between us & God & told them that's how I explained the gospel to her. Reese had this "light bulb moment" & took the paper & pen. He didn't say anything but drew a baseball diamond. Then he drew up behind home plate a ways. He said, "That's my family up in the third deck. We're not way on the back row. We're on the front row. They hit a foul ball [he draws an arched line coming up to where the family is] & I have my glove & I reach and reach but I can't reach it. That's how it is. No matter how hard we try we can't reach God." "Exactly, Reese!"

No comments: