Thursday, September 09, 2010

My Little Missionaries!

I have some great stories to share about the kids first few weeks of school.

First, Reese has been putting a tract (a witnessing booklet) in his pocket every morning just in case he meets someone that needs to know Jesus. The other day he gets in the car after school and says,
Reese-"Mommy, I gave my tract to Maddox today!"
Me- "No way! Reese that is so cool, what happened?"
Reese- "Well, I asked him if he knew Jesus and he said no, not that well so I gave him the tract. I can't read that well so I told him to bring it home and his Mommy could read it to him."
Me- (speaking through tears) "Reese, that is the coolest thing ever....I am so proud of you and so is Jesus."
Reese- "Now I need another one!"

Then he got another tract and as we were getting in the car on the way to school the other day he says, "WAIT!" He jumps out of the car and runs inside to get something. He comes back with nothing (or so it appeared) I asked him what he got and he told me he forgot his tract:) I asked him who he was gonna give it to today and he said he wasn't sure. I told him to carefully listen to God all throughout the day and that God would show him who needed to know about Him. He seemed excited about that.
After school he got in the car and says,
Reese-"Mommy, God told me to give my tract to my teacher!"
Me- "Oh really, what happened?"
Reese-"She wouldn't take it and told me to save it for church??"
Me- (confused) "Really? I'm sorry buddy did that make you sad?"
Reese-"Nah, I'll just give it to someone else...maybe she already knows Jesus??"
Me-"Yeah, maybe...lets pray for her."
*Greg and I are still not sure why the teacher didn't take it but we are all praying for her and hope she is already a Christian.

THEN...if that wasn't enough, yesterday Abby comes home and tells me another amazing story!
A few weeks back Maw Maw and Poppa gave all the grand-kids a travel Evangecube
that clips onto their backpacks. The idea is that not only would it help the kids be ready to witness at anytime but also that it would open the door for a conversation when someone asks about what it is. Well, that's exactly what happened! Praise the Lord!
Here's what Abby told me:
Abby- "Mama, today someone asked me about the evangecube."
Me- "Really? Who asked...what happened?"
Abby-"It was a girl at my table so I took it out and showed her all the pictures and other kids around asked too so I shared it with 4 kids in my class!"
Me-"Wow! That's amazing! Abby you planted a seed....you planted a seed!"

So, it looks like we are off to a good start this year huh?:) I am just in awe of the simple faith and trust that our kids have. Reese and Abby don't think about the "implications" of witnessing they just do it because they truly want people to know Jesus! I am so proud of them and I am humbled watching these kiddos grow up before my eyes and it was nothing that we did, it was all HIM! Thank you Lord for being so gracious to work in our lives and draw us unto yourself....we don't deserve it but I am so grateful for it!!! Let our family never be quiet about what the Lord has done in our lives....make us mighty warriors for You!

No comments: