Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homecoming -oh the memories!


They stood up the whole game---and check Reese out...he was all decked out with his favorite teams--The Missouri Tigers and the Dallas Cowboys---he wants to wear the jersey every day!

Me and Rebecca--one of my girls from S.S. class--she's wonderful!


Friday we went to our local high school's homecoming game-we have alot of kids in our youth group on the team and 4 of our kids were up for homecoming king and queen. We also got to watch Charlie and Landry because Doug and Anglea had a dinner they had to go to- so we took all four kids to the game with us! It was a hoot! The kids were super funny and actually watched the game:) I brought a TON of snacks and you would have thought they had never eaten before--all they did was eat the whole time--it was crazy! We stayed through half-time to watch the crowning (oh to be in high school again--haha j/k -I would never choose to go back:) and none of our kids won but they all looked wonderful anyways!
I am still amazed every time I go to a game here in Texas---they are crazy about their football--EVERYONE goes to the games even if you don't have a kid in high school...it's a huge party!
---I was talking to Greg the other day and I seriously can't remember even going to one pep rally in high school....now I went to the games but all I did was talk to all of my friends by the concession stands and flirt with boys:)....I didn't have a bit of school spirit....so sad huh?
*this season I have already been to 1 pep rally, 2 games and a parade...I guess I'm trying to make up for old times:)

2 comments:

Hughes Family said...

Would you prefer the football jersey every day compared to Peter Pan? Hmm....

Becky said...

good point:)
he cracks me up--he wants to switch between the two all the time....it just depends on his mood!