Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Simply Fondue!


On Guard!

They had to copy us:)

Earning her keep~cooking her own food!

She loves chocolate and she got really messy

Reese had already been cleaned up but he wanted a "messy" picture too--so he tried to look messy again:)

This weekend we wanted to plan a few fun things to do with the kids for Labor Day! Well what could be better than starting off the weekend with a little fondue!!!:) Greg and I have been fans since our honeymoon when we first tasted "fondue's" goodness and we have been waiting for the right time to take the kids---it had FINALLY come!! Secretly I have been "prepping" them since they were super young to be "dippers"(since I'm very big on condiments--meaning I love me some ketchup or some good ole KC Masterpiece:) Anyways being the big "dipper" that I am I absolutely LOVE LOVE everything about fondue--so we just needed our kids to love it too, ya know? Well I am very proud to say we are now a fondue loving family--yay! They were hilarious! They thought it was great to cook their own dinner and they really ate well since they did it themselves! And after the main course that's when the party really started--they brought out the bowl of chocolate! The kids were shocked--they didn't know what to do with themselves--it was great! We had a wonderful time and we sat there almost 2 hours---don't we have the greatest kids??? :)
So after reading this I hope it makes you go out and get some fondue--but I must warn you not all fondue places are created equal--we really suggest Simply Fondue in Arlington, TX---it's the best there is!
Happy Dipping!

1 comment:

Chelsea's ramblings... said...

Okay you guys have way too much fun down there! I'm going to have to visit sometime! I can't right now because of money but I would like to over Christmas break or Spring Break in March. I think it would be a great trip! I love you and it looks like things are going well!