Friday, September 19, 2008

Panther Race 2008


Ready to go....

she's fixin' to pass that kid....that's my girl!

all done--yay!

They marked her shirt every time she ran by--I wanted to run with her soooo bad:)

This morning Abby ran in a race at her school--she got 30 minutes to run as many laps as she could and she did 9! Way to go Abby!
She liked running (most of the time) even though it was beautiful weather outside she got a little tired and hot and ended up spending alot of time at the water station:) * along with every other kid!
I'm not sure she decided to run for a hobby like mommy because when I asked her if she wanted to train for the Olympics she said, "yeah right!" I had to laugh-- I admit running is a weird sport and it does seems really boring --I can't seem to convince people that it's really a great high (when you go far enough)--it's amazing actually-- but most people stop short and swear off the sport forever! -well I guess no one understands unless they have tired it right?:)
So get out there and start running---you'll thank me for it...maybe;)

2 comments:

The Wittners said...

Way to go Abby! I hope you enjoyed the 1st annual Panther Race. Congratulations Becky on being elected room mom! You hang in there and get those other moms involved! You'll have fun doing the basket and even more fun at the auction!

Chelsea's ramblings... said...

That's so awesome that Abby ran! I agree with the running statement. Ever since I've started eating healthy and working out I love running! Finishing that 5k race last Saturday was awesome! It's such a great high and when I get stressed out at work I immediately go run! I hope you're doing well. I love you and miss you!