Friday, January 08, 2010

Corn Succotash

Here's a recipe I love and I just had to share! It's very similar to the Cheesecake Factory's corn succotash. Hope you like it!

1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped summer squash (I also add zucchini if I have some)
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 defatted chicken broth
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
1/8 tsp. hot sauce
1/8 tsp. ground pepper
2 cups frozen baby lima beans, thawed (I leave these out-yuck:)

Place a large skillet over high heat until hot. Add corn, red pepper, onion, and cumin; saute 5 minutes until veggies are slightly blackened. (I cook them a little longer to blacked a bit more--tasted better I think)
Add summer squash, olive oil, and garlic; saute an additional minute or so. Reduce heat to medium-high, add broth and remaining ingredients. Cook about 5 minutes or heat until heated through, stirring frequently.

yield: 8-10 1/2 cup servings
Nutrition per serving:
calories:98, percent fat calories: 16%, sodium 127 mg, cholesterol less then 1 mg

So yummy---Enjoy!!!

No comments: