Monday, January 11, 2010

Fun with Granny and Papa!

Saturday Granny and Papa came to town and they are staying until Wednesday!
Right after they got off the plane we got right to all the fun we had planned:) We took them to a cupcake shop in Dallas called Sprinkles. Now, for a little history on me and cupcakes, well there's not much to it but that I LOVE THEM--everything about them! They are the prefect portion, they have the prefect amount of icing, I love baking them (all different kinds:), decorating them, finding new and fun recipes and of course eating the icing off the top;) Anyways I have always wanted to go to this cupcake shop and have never gone!!! So when I discovered that the airport was nearby I just had to stop in! It was a cute little shop, pretty good/ok cupcakes (sorry but it's true:) We all tried a different one and the best one (in my opinion) was the coconut one. If you are ever in the area it's definitely a fun place to go! I think it ended up being a nice mid-morning snack!:)
Saturday afternoon the kids went with G&P to see The Princess and the Frog. The kids seemed to like it and got to get popcorn, a drink (Mr. Pibb) and a fruit snack! Honestly, I don't think it mattered what movie they were seeing because they got to BUY food! Their cheap old Mommy brings popcorn in baggies (with "very little butter"--Abby's words not mine:) and I bring old Halloween candy to snack on--ha! Now that I type that out it seems pretty terrible but hey movies are expensive, people, and I only have so much in my entertainment account---cut me some slack here! :)
Sunday was a fun day too! After church we took Dad to Joe T Garcia's (his favorite) then spent the afternoon at the house playing Wii! The kids have really been good about not playing the Wii all the time but when they get to play they REALLY love it and are super into it--it's been a fun family activity for sure! Late afternoon Granny, Abby and I also got to go get a pedicure which is becoming quite a tradition--Abby is getting spoiled for sure:) ~so am I! Thanks Granny!
Today Abby had school but we took lunch up to her and she had fun seeing everyone--I think it took the edge off of having to be at school while Reese was home all day:)
After school we played a bit (Granny and the kids have been putting a TON of puzzles together) ~sorry Dad you get no credit here for putting one piece together! HA!
After dinner at Chick fil-A they (everyone but me) headed to the rock climbing gym! The kids wanted to show G&P their mad skills! My mom got some great pictures of the kids way up high---way to go Mom! They also got to belay the kids so I know the kids thought that was really cool! I stayed back because I have a womens Bible study that I lead at my house on Mondays. I was sad to miss the fun but really enjoyed my evening with the ladies!
My Mom's birthday is tomorrow so we have a lot more fun to go--actually I have to get off here and bake a cake!!! Happy Birthday to Granny!

Abby and Reese racing to the top!

Abby climbing the ladder....very hard!

Granny and PaPa belaying Abby and Reese

I love this picture!

Abby's pretty nails....looks at those polka dots!

Watching Princess and the Frog--look at that popcorn! (that must have cost a fortune--hehe!)

Reese and I enjoying a yummy ice cream bar today at Costco! Oh the little things that bring us joy;)

No comments: