Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day


Chilling with the cousins...

Saying the pledge--honoring the flag

Burning the flag--no this was not a protest:)...the flag was old and faded so Maw Maw and Poppa thought it would be cool for the kids to see how to properly honor the flag when you have to throw it away. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Flag_Code

Annie and I trying to stand up on the silly tube--it's harder than it looks!

Unsuccessful.....

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day and got to relax with family! We had great fun and I even got a little nap--yippee!
Around lunch time we headed over to Greg's parents house for some brisket and swimming! Greg was very happy to get some red meat ( I don't cook much-- we eat mostly chicken) and I was happy to get some sun--oh and of course the kiddos were thrilled to play in the pool for oh about 5 hours--wow--everyone was happy:) The kids were like energizer bunnies--they just kept jumping and playing! During lunch we talked about reasons we were thankful to be an American --Reese said he was thankful he could go to Disney World and Abby was thankful we could travel and go to church--so sweet! -I think Americans forget how blessed we really are and how wonderful America is--there is no other place like it!
Recently Greg and I watched The Patriot and I was reminded of how many fathers, sons, brothers etc. died for our freedom---let us never forget their sacrifice!
Anyways---It was a great day of just talking and hanging out--and Aunt Annie and I even got a little creative ourselves! Annie was convinced we could both stand up together on the big green inner tube--so of course I agreed--cause really how hard could it be right? Well as you can see we failed big time...as soon as we both were kinda standing we ate it! We decided we were just a bit bigger now than when we were oh... eleven...so that's why we couldn't make it happen;) We tried --everyone loves a good challenge even if you fail!

So after our long day of relaxing and playing only one came home with a burn---ME....I guess I was just so busy putting sunblock on the kids I forget myself!
*Note to self--- next time put sunscreen on your legs;)

1 comment:

Email: said...

We are excited to see yall this weekend!