Monday, May 05, 2008

We are in Disney World!




Where Dreams really do come true :)

Abby was thrilled to see Sleeping Beauty up close and personal!

This is Reese's expression when he first saw Peter Pan in real life--adorable:)

Us riding the Goofy Roller Coaster- we're in the first two cars

Abby and Granny--nothing like watching a Mickey 3-D movie at 1:15 in the morning--crazy!

**thanks Dad for all the picture taking---don't worry we'll get you in some:)
Well I am not even sure how to begin this because we have only been here 2 days and we have over 300 pictures off ONE of our cameras---no I'm not kidding:) I do promise not to post everyone of those but do plan to share a few throughout the week!

My parents brought us this week on a trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL. We got here on Saturday and hit Magic Kingdom on Sunday! --now this was a LOOONNNGG day---My dad and I started off the day at 4:45am for me to run in the Minnie Marathon--the race started at 6:15am....it started when it was still dark---good times :) (I'll blog about this later:)
Anyway we got back and headed off to Magic Kingdom with the whole family--got there about 10am and tried to cram a ton of fun into a few hours :) We left about 4pm to go back and sleep a little (I was dragging :) )
After a few hour nap we headed back to experience Magic Kingdom at night---and I mean ALL night---see, we had these passes to stay after hours until 2am....now I wasn't thinking there would be any way the kids could make it that long but we thought we would give it a try and see how long they could last :) Well they did make it and we put our kids to bed at 2:45 in the morning---we are terrible parents---fun and totally awesome parents but very terrible :) The kids had so much fun they couldn't believe they were up with all the BIG kids! They had a full day--they saw every Disney character and even got some autographs from Pluto, Goofy, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty (Abby's fav.), Belle, Cinderella, Chip n Dale, Donald....etc:) --oh and we saw PETER PAN--the highlight of Reese's day--he carries a Peter Pan sword with him everywhere he goes--he's serious about his Peter Pan:)
I can't believe we have already done so much and it's only the second day---it's gonna be a long week. :) The kids have also surprised us with not being scared to go on all the rides--seriously- they rode every ride they are tall enough for--and we purposely waited to come until Reese was above 42 inches....meaning you can ride almost everything:) Way to go guys!
We all rode Thunder Mountain at 1:30 am last night--it was great! Abby was able to ride Space Mountain--she had a blast...mommy was the one kinda scared...go figure:)

Today we went to Sea World --it was great and the kids got to get wet (their life's goal :) ) but sadly because of their crazy parents and grandparents they were POOPED:)
Tomorrow we plan to hang around the resort and REST because we have alot more to see :)
Stay tuned because I plan to keep you guys updated as much as possible!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good stuff.

Have fun guys!!

Shane

The "W" Family said...

oh that makes me want to go back. we just went 2 weeks ago. It was so fun! I can't imagine staying all night! We were so tired every night at 8. have a great time!

Haffner's World said...

I can't wait until I can take my family to Disney World!! You look like you are having so much fun!!

Hughes Family said...

I am amazed you are blogging while on vacation. You are a dedicated blogger. Hey, but nothing like blogging right after it happened so you don't forget one single moment. Glad you are having a great time! I enjoy all the pics!

Hughes Family said...

I am amazed you are blogging while on vacation. You are a dedicated blogger. Hey, but nothing like blogging right after it happened so you don't forget one single moment. Glad you are having a great time! I enjoy all the pics!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. Our kids have some of the best grandparents ever!! Thanks Granny & Papa - you guys ROCK! Enjoy and tell the kids Uncle Scott says "M-I-C...see ya real soon! K-E-Y...why, becasue we love you! M-O-U-S-E!"

Thanks for keeping us up to date, we'll just keep you all wondering how we are..since we don't blog and all! Have Fun!