Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Minnie Marathon 2008






So when we were checking out all the stuff we wanted to do in Disney World Greg came upon a race that was going on while we were in Orlando! Well being the crazy addicted runner that I am now I decided it would be super fun to run a race in Disney World! It was a "Minnie" Marathon meaning it was only a 15K which is about 10 miles--it started in Animal Kingdom and ended at Epcot. For about 5 miles we just ran on the highway which really stunk but finally we ran into Disney Hollywood Studios and then into Epcot---probably the most scenic run I have ever done---it was fun!

Anyways after the race I got to get some pictures with some Disney characters--it was so crazy...there were no lines and everyone could take as many pictures as they wanted! I was pretty bummed that the kids were still in bed because it would have been a perfect way for them to see a ton of their "best buddies"--as Reese calls them!

Well I was happy to get the race over with the first day and I took one for the team because we got 4 tickets to Animal Kingdom for only $35 for running the race---a huge discount:) Yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only a crazy person runs at Disney World.....or carries a skateboard into the Ritz Carlton.

Shane