Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Alamo Bowl 2008


Granny, Reese and PaPa before the game--good tiger paws Reese!:)

Reese waited forever for these balloons to fall--he saw them right when we walked in up on the ceiling and asked the WHOLE game when they were gonna fall and finally they did! YEAH!

PaPa, Granny, Reese and I after the game--score behind us--MU-30 Northwest-23
not a slaughter but it sure kept us on our toes!

Reese took a picture of me acting like a tiger---this is the best I can do!

Look at these seats--wow!!!

Watching the game with my Dad

The ultimate fan! He was so excited about getting his face painted!

Trying to sit still while getting sprayed with paint!

Kicking a football--he was so excited to get to do this! It was cute!

Oh the road again....all decked out in his MU gear!
San Antonio bound!



Yesterday Reese and I drove down to San Antonio to meet my parents to watch the Missouri Tigers play in the Alamo Bowl (I am from Missouri and my dad played for Mizzou in college)
Reese was THRILLED when PaPa called and said he bought 2 extra tickets for him and either Greg or I to go--I got the ticket because Greg couldn't get off work:( ---I was happy to go though...another reason I am GLAD I don't work!
Anyways got there about 4pm and I was pooped! Sunday night Greg, the kids and I got back from KC and then the next morning Reese and I had to get back in the car to get to the Bowl in time! Well anyways there was no time to sleep because my dad just HAD to get going because he didn't want to miss the game....no hard feelings Dad I'm just giving you a hard time:)
Before the game there were all kinds of booths and inflatables for the kids. -Reese LOVED that!
When the game finally began Reese was the ultimate fan! He was hilarious! He did every cheer with the crowd and I seriously think one time he started a cheer himself--he started yelling, "Lets Go Tigers!" and everyone around us slowly started taking notice and began to follow suit--he was so proud!
The game was really close and we had a few hiccups BUT...Mizzou pulled through and took the win! We had incredible seats right on the end zone about 6 rows back! We were also right next to the band so Reese loved watching the drummers! This kept Reeser very interested because he could see everything and when they scored he would freak out with everyone else (while holding his ears of course...being that it was a tad bit loud:)
The game lasted a long time and from time to time he would ask when it was over but all and all he watched the game intently. We didn't get back to the hotel until around 1am--Reese didn't fall asleep in the car but as soon as his head hit the pillow he was out!
We drove back today and wow it seemed like a LONG drive! Reese slept about 2 hours of the trip (very rare for him) and I kept calling people so I won't dose off! We finally pulled into the house about 2pm and I felt like kissing the pavement--I didn't but we were both thrilled to be home....I told Greg that I don't want to travel again for at least a month:) -ok a week! (that's for you Jill and Jeremy who always thinks we travel alot:)

*I forgot to tell a story--while walking out of the game we got to see the Mizzou drumline play in the parking lot and Reese was in Heaven! His new love is drums and he was enthralled watching them play. After they were done we were walking away and we just happened to pass one of the drumline guys and he gave Reese his drum sticks and let him play his drum! Reese hasn't put down the sticks yet! He kept telling me that he got real drum sticks from a real MU tiger! Too cute!

Thank you so much Granny and PaPa for taking us to the game--it was such a treat and very special for us both to share the experience with you both! -a memory we both will NEVER forget! Love you guys!

1 comment:

Jill Vaughan said...

Way to go Reese ~ way more patient that I would've been.