Saturday, December 06, 2008

Busy Busy Busy!


Reese killing the fence with a hammer!

The wreath I made

Reese "helping" daddy put the post in for the fence!

Abby doing the same--they were a dirty mess when they came out of that hole!

Reese+Christmas lights+ladder= one nervous mom (oh but he loved it)

This past week has been a whirlwind! Greg has been rebuilding a fence and putting up Christmas lights and I have been finishing up some final decorating stuff for the house. Next week we have our 2nd annual neighborhood Christmas party at our house so I wanted to try and get everything done for that! It is now Saturday and I can proudly say "It is finished!" The fence looks great-the lights are bright and wonderful and my wreath turned out beautifully!
The kids were a great help with everything! Reese and Abby loved helping Greg with the fence and surprisingly were really into helping him--especially with tearing down the old fence---Reese loved conquering that fence---He's such a boy!
They also helped me pick out everything for the wreath above the fireplace...I was very surprised how it turned out--it's my first attempt and I am very happy with it! (maybe I did inherit some of my sister's craftiness????;) What do you think sis? Want me to help you out next year? hehe!
Well now we will begin cooking and getting ready for the neighbors to come over Thursday night!
This is always a great opportunity for Greg, the kids and I to invest in each of their lives and truly "love our neighbors"! I am very excited to see what the Lord does--pray for great conversation and that the Lord is at work in each of their hearts!

No comments: