Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Party!


All the kids with Santa--can you see him? --it's like Where's Waldo:)

Abby and I icing cookies!

Isn't she the cutest little girl ever????

Getting some loving from Mrs. Claus!

Abby's friend Hailey and her family came with Reese and I to see Santa--
Abby was very excited!

Today Abigail had her first Christmas party at school. I was able to get Maw Maw to watch Reeser so I could volunteer to help out. The party lasted 2 hours and it was "crazy"--we actually got to feed the kids junk food!!!! Normally we have to go by the district rules and serve healthy food but today we sugared them up good!;)
I got to man the gingerbread decorating table so that was fun--if you call 20 kids covered in icing and sprinkles fun:) I was laughing with one of the other mom's about how funny it was that I got the cookie table.... because I just LOVE a good mess--hehe! No really all kidding aside it was great and after school Abby mentioned how I'm always at all of her school parties and field trips and that she was happy about that! Now that makes any mess worth it doesn't it??
Yesterday Santa Claus came to the school--he was supposed to come in a helicopter but it was too foggy. It was still fun to wait outside and watch him come up in a mini-van:) and then he, his wife, Mrs. Claus, the Eves, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman walked down the sidewalk (we were out in front of the school lining the street) and greeted all the kids! Abby hid behind the other kids...she's not too into that kinda stuff. When we asked the kids if they wanted to go see Santa she said, "No way!" Reese said, "Sure but I don't want to go to close- I"ll just yell at him what I want!" -so as you can see we lucked out.... we don't have to wait in those long lines like every other American parent does every year--score!

-ok this has nothing to do with today but here is a conversation we overheard the kids having in the car today-
Reese- I wanted to get rich and selfish when I grow up Abby!
Abby- No--No you don't Reese because you'll never be on Santa's good list.
(Reese got the point and changed his mind quickly:)

*to clarify a bit --we are not teaching this principle at home;)
Reese heard Huey, Dewey, and Louie say it in the movie "Twice Upon a Christmas" -man this is proof that kids DO pick up even the smallest little thing from movies!

No comments: