Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Family Christmas


Me and my jacket!

Reese opening his gift from Abby--a gumball machine!

the kids loved their little weasel toys from Cracker Barrel--who knew they would love it so much--score!

The trampoline!

Drum set #1

Drum set #2---ahhh that's better and the symbols work--his favorite!

Since the kids and I were leaving Sunday for Kansas City we declared Christmas (for us) on Dec, 20th--hooray! I was so excited to see the kids open their gifts. This year we decided to wait to buy for the kids until we were absolutely SURE they still wanted the things on their list. We were able to get Reese a drum set for his main gift and a mini trampoline for Abby. They were both so ecstatic and couldn't wait to open them up!
*side note on the drum set*
We had really thought through it and we decided we would just try a "cheaper" drum set for him to try it out. Then if he was really into it we would invest more to get a real set. Well when we opened what we got him we were so disappointed. Reese was perfectly happy but Greg and I couldn't believe how bad it was--the symbol didn't even work and it was basically made of thick paper. Well anyways to make a long story short while we were in KC Greg had to stay back a few days and work so he went on a hunt for a better drum set! Thanks to Craigslist he found a great deal and was able to get a full real "used" set! When we got in tonight we were able to surprise him with a super drum set and he couldn't believe it! It is VERY loud but very worth it--he loves it!
Anyways---Abby also loves her trampoline--she is very excited to get to jump! (they are getting too big to jump on the beds like they used to;)
The kids were so sweet to buy Greg and I and each other gifts too. They earned their own money and it was so fun to watch them pick out the perfect thing for everyone! I cherish those gifts because I know they are full of heart and sacrifice!
Greg was a great little gift giver himself! He got me a new jacket--the exact one I wanted:) and a Nike+ for running with my ipod! He did very good this year---and I might add I wasn't too shabby...I actually was able to surprise Greg this year with a gift certificate for a massage! I never manage to surprise him and this year I did---hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the drums being LOUD! Jarrod has a full kit and Makayla loves to pound on them...especially when I do laundry right next to them! I recommend some drum mutes/pads that you place right on the surface of the drum. That way he can totally pound away and its not so loud! Good luck and nice jacket!

kim