Saturday, December 20, 2008

Caroling at the Nursing Home



This is Mrs. Hughes and every week the kids can't wait to go in her room and visit! (she hands out candy:) -this week I told the kids we were gonna do the giving and they were ok with that!

This woman called us into her room and didn't want us to leave--she asked me if we'd make a point of coming to her room again and I told her absolutely!

Mrs. Green--she was all dressed-up--she told us she knew we were coming (I guess she wanted to look nice)--I about cried!


Friday afternoon we took the kids to go caroling at the nursing home.
The kids were all practiced up and were ready to sing their hearts out! We also had some treats and ornaments to hand out that the kids made . The people there were SO happy--it was such a blessing to see their faces when the kids sang! One woman cried and told me that this made her Christmas! That made my day!
We were able to sing to almost everyone in the home and they didn't care that we were repeating ourselves:) (since mainly the kids only wanted to sing Away in a Manger and Jingle Bells;)
It is so great to be able to teach Abby and Reese through all of these visits--they are beginning to see more clearly that everyday whether it's a holiday or not we should shine the light of Jesus! I love that whenever Friday rolls around Reese will say, "Mommy, I want to go visit my old friends!" -precious!

No comments: