Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cousin's Camp 2007

Tonight I got all the pictures that Maw Maw and Poppa took during Cousin's Camp. I must say I am a little hesitant blogging about something I didn't personally experience, but I will give it a try-please let me know D&J if I totally get it wrong!
Well- one of the first pictures you see they are at a Wildlife Reservation-it's where you drive your car along a street and the animals come right up to your car. I was amazed at how close this zebra got to Reese-one of the pictures they had an animal has his head all the way in the car and no one seemed to be looking-wow a little too close for comfort!
The next picture Maw Maw had gone into get something from the store and Poppa thought it was a good time to go get all the kids an ice cream- I wonder if he thought she might say no if she was there??? (good thinking Jerry)
The picture of the kids on the bed cracks me up- picuture trying to get a 2,3 and 4 year old to sleep all together on this one bed!--honestly I was wondering how they were gonna sleep the kids! I must say I was shocked to hear they did wonderfully....Abby and Charlie at one end and Reese laying down by their feet-hey, whatever works!
Ok- this next picture has a bit of a story. All the kids were really excited that they were sleeping in a cabin right next to where the horses sleep. So all they could talk about was feeding the horses. Well, one time the kids were feeding this horse and Reese wasn't holding the lettuce quite right and the horse ate the lettuce and his finger! They told me that Reese was shocked at first but pretty quickly pulled his finger back- and cried a little bit. Reese told me that he "cowboyed up" ....but I am not sure how confident he will be feeding horses from here on out-we'll see!
The last picture was one of the only ones of Maw Maw with kids....I can tell who was taking the pictures....I feel for you Debbie, that's how it goes with Greg and I-honestly this blog would be super boring if Greg was taking the pictures:)
So I hope I did the trip justice---I tried to get Debbie and Jerry to blog about the trip but they both said, "Not it!"...man, blogging isn't that hard... oh I see, it was because you had 275 pictures wasn't it? -no fair!
***also my editor (greg) wasn't able to "check" these past few entires so please....be kind!!-I up late and tired:)



1 comment:

Jill Vaughan said...

Deb and Jer are sooo great!! Makes me look forward to grandkids.