Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Funny Story!


Now I have been dragging my feet on blogging about this story...I'm not sure exactly why but maybe it's because it happened because I was getting a speeding ticket! Now I would go into all the reasons I am innocent but really I'm guilty as charged....except the fact I was UNAWARE it was a school zone-oh wait I said I wouldn't give an excuse...sorry:) Anyways- I got pulled over by a cop on a motorcycle and the kids were with me....now they thought this was sooooo cool. I really didn't have time to explain it wasn't cool for mommy to break the law, but don't worry I told them later! Anyways the cop walks up to the car and all the windows were down because it was a beautiful day....and Reese leans out the window and says, "hey there Pirate- is that your microscope?" Now I wish I could tell each of you this story in person because this is soooo much funnier if I tell it but I hope you get a good laugh anyways! Reese has never to my knowledge called a police officer a "pirate" but he has been known to point out a motorcycle and say "mircoscope".....and the best part was the cop's expression...he pulled down his sunglasses and looked at Reese and said, "son?" Now I was really hoping we would all start laughing and I would get off free and clear but noooo he was more than ready to give me that ticket! Stink...I guess even a bit of 2 year old humor doesn't work...what does?....(yes Dad I know-not speeding at all would be a good plan:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a ticket in a school zone not too long ago also... ugghhh... stinkin north richland hills!! i think that comment warrants letting your ticket off the hook. jason and i had a good laugh at that one:)

Claire said...

becky, i laughed until i nearly cried when i read this entry! i can totally picture the scene and the cop's confused expression. he must have been wondering what in the world you were teaching your kids about policemen! tooooo funny! i wish you had that one on tape.