Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lady and the Tramp


The kids and I had a movie nite last night because I had to think of something to take their minds off of Daddy being gone. We were supposed to pick him up from the airport around 4pm on Thursday but we got a call around lunch time that his flight was cancelled. Now this doesn't go over well with a 2 and 4 year old and Greg tried to explain it to them but all they kept asking me was, "where's Daddy?" So that's when I knew I needed to get creative....as some of you may know I am pretty strict about watching T.V. in our house so I knew this would be a huge treat. My kids still go crazy when you mention "movie time" and I want to keep it that way! So anyways I got us all set up with popcorn and yes, a little Dr. Pepper:) and they got to stay up late and watch the whole thing....well except for Reese he asked to go to bed about 3/4 the way through ...oh well he tried! And today I got to tell the kids Daddy would be home around lunch-he caught a flight earlier than we thought so they were thrilled...and so was I:) ...and they lived happily ever after!

1 comment:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Becky, great job with limiting TV and your creative skills of distraction! Happy Memorial Day!