Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Family Vacation to San Antonio!


Ok so I am aware that it has been forever since I have blogged last, but we were on a little family vacation to San Antonio...and I decided to just chill and blog after we got back (hey we bloggers need vacations too:) Anyways we had a great couple days and I have no idea where to start so I will just start with the big highlights and go from there!
Well we headed out on Staurday morning and only went as far as Waco (1 1/2 hours) to go to the Dr. Pepper Museum...a must see in Greg's mind! The kids thought it was cool to see the old D.P. commericals. We also have some odd kids....Greg got them a Dr. Pepper float and we thought they would love it, but they didn't care for it....what's up with that???? doesn't everyone love floats???...I don't even drink pop and I thought it was pretty good! Anways- we headed on from there and went as far as Georgetown (outside of Austin) and stayed with some family friends. We had dinner there and had a great evening chatting. We ended up leaving early the next morning to head on down to San Antonio because we had a big day ahead of us...SEA WORLD! Now this is all the kids have been talking about for a week and we couldn't get there fast enough in their minds. I have sooooo many pictures I will have a separate posting for this....so I will go on for now. Anways- after a long day at Sea World we got a hotel on the River Walk (which was so awesome-I honestly thought we would get some cheap-o motel, but Greg surprised us) thanks honey...we loved it! We had some good Mexican food and walked a bit along the River (I am shocked Reese didn't fall in-I kept telling him if he fell in I was NOT jumping in that water:)....I guess he took me seriously? The next morning we walked over to the Alamo and Greg gave the kids some Texas history...I am not sure if they understand the whole thing but they really like all the talk about shooting and fighting (whatever works huh?)! Anyways we then started heading home after our tour of the Alamo, and we took FOREVER getting home...we got home around 10pm and San Antonio is only about 5 hours. Ok-OK I admit it- I had to stop at the Outlet Malls...can't a girl shop a little??? The kids were so great while I checked out a few stores and Greg was thrilled when we drove away and I had only spent $20...yes, it is confirmed I am the best wife ever:) oh yeah- we also went to one of Greg's favorite resturants in Gruene (outside of New Braunfuels) it's called The Gristmill, it was so good! Greg got this chicken fried steak that was bigger than his head...he was a happy man! And at this resturant you can sit outside on this deck that runs along the river and it's just beautiful...you gotta go if you are ever down that way (and no I am getting no money for this advertisement:)
So if you got this far you are awesome...if you know me at all, you know I don't have a problem talking and it's hard for me not to tell you every detail...(you mean this was just the highlights???) hehe! So to sum it up we had an amazing weekend and God blessed us left and right...we didn't get rained on much at all and we got to see some things I know He planned just for us! (example: Reese and Abby got to see a bird in the street that got his head chopped off! This is all Reese can talk about- now,can anyone say they have had the opportunity to see something like that??? (thanks God:)
Now that's a great vacation!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, i am not very good at this. My post about the Steak is in the Sea World section, so i will post here about the dolphins.

I am glad to hear the kids had such a great time and it is awesome to know they are truly praying for everything and seeing the results. There is nothing better.

Shane

Jeremy said...

Did you just thank God for chopping off a bird's head? I think you did. This blog has become very graphic in nature I hope my kids aren't reading this.